JANUARY 25, 2018
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City will host their sixth annual ToC Pong Challenge on Thursday, January 25, 2018 to raise money and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City.
You can check out past press coverage of the Tournament of Champions Pong Wall Street Journal and Fox5.
A professional table tennis table is centered within the all-glass squash show court in Vanderbilt Hall in Grand Central Terminal and a Master of Ceremonies and expert referee oversees the tournament.
For more information about the ToC Pong Challenge 2017 or to purchase a team sponsorship, please visit bigsnyc.org./events/TOCPong.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City began in 1904 as the first formalized mentoring program in the United States. Today BBBSNYC serves more than 3,000 children and their families in the five boroughs. By matching kids with caring adult mentors, BBBSNYC provides them with a much needed positive influence in their lives. Through the power of these relationships, the Littles are exposed to a world of possibility and hope they might not have imagined otherwise.
2018 SCHEDULE (Thursday, January 25, 2018)
|Noon||1st round play|
|2:00pm-3:45pm||Consolidated consolation round|
|5:00pm-5:30pm||Main Draw Quarterfinals|
|6:15pm – 7:30pm||Awards Ceremony & Cocktail Reception|
- Each team will consist of two individuals.
- Play will consist of 15 minute matches beginning at noon.
- Specific 1st Round time slots will be provided to all participants by January 24.
- Every team plays twice within a specified hour in their respective quarterfinal bracket. Consolation Quarterfinalists return for one hour of play at 4 p.m. and Main Draw Quarterfinalists return at 5 p.m.
- The format tournament is double elimination. All teams are guaranteed a minimum of two matches. There will be a maximum of 32 teams.