2016 TOC FINALIST AMANDA SOBHY WILL MEET THE MEDIA
The J.P. Morgan Tournament of Champions has invited the media to meet the USA’s top contender for the coveted ToC title, Amanda Sobhy of Sea Cliff, Long Island. Currently ranked No. 7 in the world, Amanda will meet with the media on Tuesday, December 13 from 11 AM – 1:00PM at the New York Athletic Club, where she is their touring squash pro. Amanda will talk about her breakout 2016 season and the upcoming ToC. Tournament chairman John Nimick will be joining Amanda to talk about the ToC and Amanda will also hold a brief practice session.
Amanda Sobhy holds the highest-ever ranking by a US-born player (male or female).
- A four-time intercollegiate champion while attending Harvard University from which she graduated in 2015, Amanda was undefeated in 62 consecutive intercollegiate matches.
- She is the only squash athlete ever to win three gold medals in a single Pan American Games
- Amanda led the USA to its best ever fifth-place finish in the 2014 and the recently concluded Women’s World Team Championships.
- She is the USA’s only official world squash champion, having won the 2010 World Junior Championships
John Nimick is the CEO of Squash Engine, Inc, and Tournament Chairman for the J.P. Morgan Tournament of Champions in Grand Central Terminal and the NetSuite Open at the Ferry Building, San Francisco.
- Recognized internationally as the leading promoter in the sport of squash, John pioneered the concept of placing the all-glass squash court in unique and public venues
- He is a Member of the Board of Directors of the PSA, the international governing body for professional squash
- A top player on the professional hardball tour in 1980s, John won the 1982 US National Championship and was inducted into the US Squash Hall of Fame in 2006.
Media who are interested in attending should contact Beth Rasin at email@example.com or 917-992-2281.